Social Media - User Guidelines
The Shire of Esperance encourages open discussion on its social media pages. To ensure everyone has an opportunity to engage with the Shire, a few guidelines have been developed.
The Shire of Esperance does not accept responsibility for external comments on this page. They are not representative of the opinions or views of the Shire, nor does the Shire make any warranty to their accuracy.
Posts may be deleted as determined at the Shire of Esperance discretion if they contain:
- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, derogatory, racist or sexist language links or images;
- information that may compromise the safety or security of the public;
- any discussion or promotion of behaviour that is unlawful;
- comments that threaten or defame any person or organisation;
- solicitations, advertisements, endorsements or spam;
- encouragement or glamorisation of the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs;
- multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user;
- repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users;
- any other inappropriate content or comments as determined by the Shire of Esperance.
The Shire of Esperance reserves the right to turn off comments if we do not have the resources to monitor the page.
When interacting with this page, the we ask that you:
- exercise courtesy;
- do not post your personal address or phone number;
- acknowledge that the Shire cannot check the accuracy of every post and does not take any responsibility for reliance on posts on this page; and
- adhere to Facebook Guidelines.
By “liking” or “following” this page you acknowledge the terms outlined in the Shire of Esperance Social Media User Guidelines above. Users who do not comply with these Guidelines will be blocked from the page at the discretion of the Shire of Esperance.