Esperance Overflow Campground
THIS SERVICE IS OPEN
This service is managed by the Shire of Esperance and is only open when all other commercial caravan parks are fully booked out.
The Overflow Campground is located at the Greater Sports Ground, entrance via Black Street.
The Shire aims to make the camping experience enjoyable for visitors, however facilities are very basic.
- Camp sites are located on the map below. Please stick to this area.
- Unpowered sites only.
- A basic campers kitchen, showers and toilets are available.
- COVID safety regulations are to be adhered to.
- Campers are directed to the Bay of Isles Leisure Centre (opposite the Greater Sports Ground) to pay prior to entry.
Whilst staying at the Overflow, please respect each other and enjoy your time.
- Camping is permitted only to the areas identified on the map.
- No camping on the sports ovals or internal roadways.
- Camping under trees is not recommended.
- Your camp site must be kept and left neat and tidy.
- COVID Registration via the Safe WA app or paper registration form is mandatory.
- Waste water disposal is not permitted. A designated “dump point” is located on Shelden Rd at no charge.
- Maximum speed within the Overflow is 8km/h.
- Vehicles must be parked in an orderly manner, or as directed by the Camp Host/Shire Ranger and/or Shire of Esperance Staff.
- Dogs may be permitted in the Overflow however they must be on a leash and under the control of a responsible person at all times. Clean up after your dog (bags and bins provided).
- The maximum duration of a stay is 7 days.
- Check out time is 10am, charges may apply for non-compliance.
- Strictly NO FIRES!
- Dispose of rubbish and waste in designated bins: The bin with the yellow lid is for recycling and the bin with the black lid is for general waste.
- There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for abusive language and aggressive behaviour towards any staff or caretakers. Any breach of this rule will result in immediate eviction.
- Smoking is only permitted in your designated bay. No smoking is allowed in any other area of the Overflow. Cigarette butts must be disposed of appropriately.
- In respect of other users, please mop out cubicles after showering.
- Generators can only be used between the hours of 8am-12pm and 4pm-8pm.
- Noise restrictions apply from 10pm.
Adhere to COVID-19 regulations:
- Physical Distance – Keep at least 1.5m away from others where possible.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use a hand sanitiser.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your inner elbow.
- Clean surfaces and disinfect objects regularly.
- Stay home if sick and get tested.
- Download and use the COVID Safe app.
EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN