Esperance Overflow Campground
This service is managed by the Shire of Esperance and is only open when all other commercial caravan parks are fully booked out.
The Overflow Campground is not designed or intended to be a destination in itself. Due to capacity limits, accommodation cannot be guaranteed.
It is highly recommended visitors book in at local caravan parks before venturing to Esperance.
Bathers Paradise 9071 1014
Bushlands Caravan Park 9071 1346
Esperance Bay Holiday Park (Summerstar) 9071 2237
RAC Esperance Holiday Park 9071 1251
Pine Grove Holiday Park (Acclaim Parks) 9071 4100
Pink Lake Tourist Park (Kui) 9071 2424
Orleans Bay Caravan Park 9075 0033 (83km east)
Munglinup Beach Caravan Park 9075 1155 (100km west)
Grass Patch Park’n’Stay - 78km north. No reservation necessary. Please call to check-in. 0488 510 701 - Sharon.
Salmon Gums Caravan Park - 105km north. No reservation necessary. Please call to check-in. Call 0467 880 443 - Caravan Park Caretaker.
The Overflow Campground is located at the Greater Sports Ground, entrance via Brazier Street.
The Shire aims to make the camping experience enjoyable for visitors, however facilities are very basic.
- Unpowered sites only
- Site capacity limits
- A basic campers kitchen (opening hours apply)
- Limited showers and toilets are available
- There is no booking required, however campers are to check-in and pay at the Site Van, located inside the Brazier St entrance.
$35/night per site for two people - $10/night per person (over the age of 5yo). EFTPOS Only.
The Shire of Esperance is in a Prohibited Burning Time. This means no fires are to be lit in the open air. Gas & electric barbeques are permitted at any time.
Whilst staying at the Overflow, please respect each other and enjoy your time.
- Camping is permitted only to the areas identified on the map. Please keep within your allocated bay.
- No camping on the sports ovals or internal roadways.
- Camping under trees is not recommended.
- Your camp site must be kept and left neat and tidy.
- Waste water disposal is not permitted. A designated “dump point” is located on Shelden Rd at no charge.
- Maximum speed within the Overflow is 8km/h.
- Campers kitchen will be open 5:30am-9am / 11:30am-2pm / 5:30pm-9pm
- Vehicles must be parked in an orderly manner, or as directed by the Camp Host/Shire Ranger and/or Shire of Esperance Staff.
- Dogs may be permitted in the Overflow however they must be on a leash and under the control of a responsible person at all times. Clean up after your dog (bags and bins provided).
- When camp overflow area is full a 7 day maximum stay duration will apply.
- Check out time is 10am, charges may apply for non-compliance.
- Strictly NO FIRES!
- Dispose of rubbish and waste in designated bins: recycle using the yellow lid or blue bins, dispose of general waste in the red and green lid bins, with bulk bins available for larger items at the Campers kitchen.
- There is a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for abusive language and aggressive behaviour towards any staff or caretakers. Any breach of this rule will result in immediate eviction.
- Smoking is only permitted in your designated bay. No smoking is allowed in any other area of the Overflow. Cigarette butts must be disposed of appropriately.
- In respect of other users, please mop out cubicles after showering.
- Generators can only be used between the hours of 8am-12pm and 4pm-8pm.
- Noise restrictions apply from 10pm.
EMERGENCY EVACUATION PLAN