Council has adopted a number of Policies in accordance with the provisions of the Local Government Act 1995 that specifically pertain to Planning Services, namely:
- Applications Lodged by Staff or Elected Members
- Refusal of Planning Applications
- Non-Refundable Development Services Application Fees
- Rezoning Applications – Documentation
- Fence Heights
- Site Identification
Local Planning Policies
Local Planning Policies (LPPs) are guidelines used to assist the Shire of Esperance in making decisions under LPS 24 and may address land use as well as development requirements.
LPPs do not form part of the Scheme and do not bind the local government in respect of any application for planning approval but the local government is to have due regard to the provisions of the LPP and the objectives which the LPP is designed to achieve before making its determination.
The LPPs that have been adopted by the Shire of Esperance in accordance with Clause 4 of Schedule 2 of the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015:
- Ancillary Accommodation
- Bed & Breakfast Establishments
- Building Height Variation
- Container Deposit Scheme Development Provisions
- Development for Which Development Approval is Not Required
- Development Performance Bonds & Bank Guarantees
- Holiday Homes
- Planning Compliance
- Shark Lake Industrial Park Design & Development Guidelines
- Shop Front Security Devices
- Wind Turbines
For additional information or assistance, contact Planning Services on (08) 9071 0676 or call in to the Shire Administration Building on Windich Street.