HAZARD REDUCTION ACTIVITY - COOMALBIDGUP TOWN SITE
Residents and Visitors of Coomalbidgup, please be advised Volunteers and Staff from DFES and Shire of Esperance Bush Fire Brigade’s will be conducting various Hazard Reduction Burning Activities around the Coomalbidgup town site.
PURPOSE: To reduce overall fuel loads to approx. 5-7tn/Ha to establish a low fuel buffer zone in order to reduce the threat of running fire impacting the Coomalbidgup town site.
DATE: Saturday, 9 April 2022 - commencing approx. 12:30pm onwards.
BURN SIZE: 30Ha
LOCATION: Area bounded by South Coast Hwy, The Terrace, Mutch Av, Coomalbidgup Rd, and Chittock Rd in Coomalbidgup; as per map below.
WHAT TO DO DURING AND AFTER HAZARD REDUCTION ACTIVITIES:
- Speed restrictions will be in place for the safety of fire fighters operating within the area.
- Motorists are asked to have their headlights on when driving through the area.
- Abide by directions of Fire Fighter/Emergency Services personnel on scene.
- Smoke may affect visibility and air quality in and around Coomalbidgup town site on the day itself and the days following. Residents and Visitors with any respiratory conditions are reminded to have their medications either close by or on them as a precaution.
- For the safety of Children in the area, families are encouraged to keep watch of their whereabouts throughout the day of burning.
- Fire Fighters will be conducting periodic patrols of the area the following days.
- Monitor the EmergencyWA website (www.emergency.wa.gov.au) for any changes.
For any concerns or further information, please contact the DFES Esperance office on 08 6002 8001.