BUSH FIRES ACT 1954
PART III PREVENTION OF BUSH FIRES
SECTION 18 - COMMENCEMENT OF RESTRICTED BURNING TIME (URBAN-RURAL ZONE)
Pursuant to Section 18 Bush Fires Act 1954 the Shire of Esperance advises Restricted Burning Time will commence Wednesday, 6 April 2022 and extended to conclude midnight Saturday 30 April 2022 for the following zone;
URBAN-RURAL ZONE - The Urban-Rural Zone includes fire zone: Urban-Rural.
Landowner/occupiers MUST obtain a Fire Permit from their nearest Fire Control Officer before any Hazard Reduction or burning off can commence.
The Shire's Chief Bush Fire Control Officer, Mr Phil Longmire has exercised his powers under section 18(5)(b) Bush Fires Act 1954 to restrict the issuing of Fire Permits to the following conditions.
- A Permit to Burn will only be issued for a 4 calendar day period (maximum); and,
- It is the permit holder's responsibility to adhere to ALL conditions listed on the back of the Permit and to adhere to any other conditions imposed by the issuing Fire Control Officer/Permit Issuing Officer; and,
- Fire Permits will NOT be valid during the Easter period (15-18 April 2022, inclusive); and,
- Fire Permits will NOT be issued for burning of Tree Piles during this period; and,
- Permit holders must log their burns with the DFES Communications Centre Ph: 1800 198 140 (Free call) prior to igniting; and,
- Fire Control Officers reserve the right not to issue Fire Permits they deemed unsuitable and/or based upon local conditions within their brigade area.
Permit Holders are reminded not to light any fire, if you are not prepared to be responsible for it. The Shire of Esperance reserves the right under section 18(11) Bush Fires Act 1954, to recoup any cost of extinguishment from any fire that escapes permit conditions or from the lack of supervision/unattendance.
Please note Fire Permits can be suspended or cancelled at any time with or without notice by any Fire Control Officer based upon local conditions or forecast weather conditions.
This notice dated 5 April 2022.
A/Chief Executive Officer