Shire Road Condition Update
A 5 tonne load limit remains on all unsealed roads within the Shire of Esperance to allow the roads to dry out. This will be lifted on most roads on 15th February 2017.
Cascade Road, North of Rollond Road, will remain closed to all vehicles today to allow for maintenance and hazard signage work to continue. The road will be open to vehicles under 5 tonne Wednesday 15th February 2017. The 160km stretch of unsealed road is not recommended for those inexperienced at driving on gravel roads. There will also be heavy machinery operating in this area. Please drive to the conditions and to your own driving experience, while obeying all road signage.
Current Road Closures:
- Ashdale Road between Beltana Road and Sears Road
- Bishops Road between Fields Road and Belgian Road
- Doyle Road to Springdale Road
- Grass Patch Road between Fields Road and Belgian Road
- Griffiths Road between Edwards Road and Coomalbidgup Road
- Jonegatup Road between Farmers Road and Neds Corner Road
- Kettles Road between Meyer Road and Ridgelands Road
- Loop Road between Cascade Road and Coomalbidgup
- Mills Road between Oldfield Road and Neds Corner Road
- Neds Corner Road between Jonegatup Road and South Coast Hwy
- River Road to Clare Road
- Springdale Road between South Coast Highway and Fuss Road
- Additional roads will be added to this list once more assessments are completed
For Main Roads information please refer to their website or contact 138138.
The Lake King-Norseman Road from Cascade Road to Lake King falls under the Shire of Lake Grace who have placed a 4.5 tonne load limit on all their roads.
Shire staff will continue to assess roads and updates will be issued when they become available. Thank you for your patience.
As at 14/02/2017