Casual Pound Assistant (located at Shire Depot on Brazier Street)
This casual position provides assistance to the Ranger Services team in the cleaning, maintenance and operation of the dog and cat pound at the Shire Depot. The successful applicant will be honest and reliable, hardworking, flexible and have good experience and technique in handling animals. Ability to perform cleaning duties and work with limited supervision is essential. Weekend availability and a satisfactory police clearance are also required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- Experience, confidence and developed techniques in handling animals.
- Ability to perform cleaning duties.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Time management and organisation skills.
- Honest and reliable.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and on weekends.
- Understanding of Occupational Safety & Health requirements.
- National Police Clearance.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- C class driver's licence.
Salary: Level 2 casual – up to $25.25 per hour.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Application Form
- An updated copy of your resume including at least two work-related referees
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0645 or 9071 0642. We encourage applicants to address the selection criteria which are listed in the Position Description.
Applications should be addressed to the CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm, Monday 30 July 2018
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer