The Shire of Esperance has two vacancies for Plant Operator in the Rural Maintenance Bitumen and Drainage crew.
This position operates and maintains plant, including truck, backhoe and loader. General labouring duties are also required. ‘HR’ driver’s licence, white card and experience in the operation of the above plant is essential. Grader experience is desirable.
The successful candidate will work a total of 85 hours per fortnight, which will include working one hour overtime each working day for nine days per fortnight.
This is an 1 year fixed-term position
Salary: $69,556 pa (including allowances and overtime) plus super.
Shire staff are also entitled to:
- Minimum of 10% superannuation employer contribution. Should the employee contribute an additional amount equivalent to at least 1% of their gross salary, the Shire will match the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 5%, making total Shire contributions up to 15%.
- Access to development opportunities
- Uniform allowance
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free membership for the BOILC (pool & gym)
- Rostered Day Off
- 2 extra paid leave days per year (Local Government Days)
How to Apply:
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0645.
Please note that applicants must address the Selection Criteria listed in the Position Description and must complete an Application Form.
Applications should be addressed to the CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450 or emailed to email@example.com.
Only candidates with permanent Australian work rights (Australian citizens or permanent residents) will be considered.
The Shire of Esperance must follow WA Government directions in regards to the mandatory Covid-19 vaccination.
Applications will close when requirements are met.
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer