This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining various health programs and projects designed to sustain and enhance the health and lifestyle of the Esperance community.
The successful applicant will have experience in an environmental health-related role, or studying toward a Bachelor of Science (Environmental Health) or qualification acceptable to the Executive Director of Public Health.
Developed verbal and written communication skills and a class "C" driver's licence are essential.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience, ranging from $70,712 p.a. to $80,238 p.a. (including allowances) plus super.
Shire staff are also entitled to:
- Minimum of 10% superannuation employer contribution. Should the employee contribute an additional amount equivalent to at least 1% of their gross salary, the Shire will match the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 5%, making total Shire contributions up to 15%.
- Uniform allowance
- Access to development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free membership for the BOILC (pool & gym)
- Rostered Day Off (if working a 40 hour week).
- 2 extra paid leave days per year (Local Government Days)
- Housing and relocation benefits may be offered to the right candidate in line with The Shire of Esperance policy.
How to Apply:
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0645.
Applicants must address the Selection Criteria listed in the Position Description and complete an Application Form.
Applications should be addressed to the CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only candidates with permanent Australian work rights (Australian citizens or permanent residents) will be considered.
The Shire of Esperance must follow WA Government directions in regards to the mandatory Covid-19 vaccination.
Applications will close when requirements are met.
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.