The Shire of Esperance is seeking an Assistant Building Surveyor or Building Surveyor to join its team.
This position assists the Coordinator Building Services in ensuring that the Shire meets its objectives and requirements under the Building Code of Australia, related statutory legislation, Local Laws and Shire policies.
The successful applicant will possess formal qualification (or working towards to) in Building Surveying Level 2 (for Building Surveyor position) or Level 3 (for Assistant Building Surveyor position). Understanding of the Building Act 2011 and the ability to undertake technical assessments as per the National Construction Code of Australia and Associated Standards are also required.
Salary is dependent on qualifications and experience, ranging from $70,712 p.a. plus super for the Assistant Building Surveyor position and up to $80,238 p.a. plus super for the Building Surveyor role (salaries include allowances).
Shire staff are also entitled to:
- A minimum of 10% superannuation employer contribution. Should the employee contribute an additional amount equivalent to at least 1% of their gross salary, the Shire will match the employee’s contribution up to a maximum of 5%, making total Shire contributions up to 15%.
- Uniform allowance
- Access to development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free membership for the BOILC (pool & gym)
- Rostered Day Off (if working a 40 hour week).
- 2 extra paid leave days per year (Local Government Days)
How to Apply:
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0645. Applicants must carefully read the selection criteria and apply for one of the positions, depending on suitability. Applicants must address the Selection Criteria listed in the Position Description and complete an Application Form.
Applications should be addressed to the CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to 9071 0600 or emailed to email@example.com.
Only candidates with permanent Australian work rights (Australian citizens or permanent residents) will be considered.
The Shire of Esperance must follow WA Government directions in regards to the mandatory Covid-19 vaccination.
Applications will close when requirements are met.
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.