Personal Assistant to the Director External Services
The Shire seeks applications for the position of Personal Assistant to the Director External Services from suitably qualified and experienced persons. This position will provide high level administrative and confidential support to the Director External Services, including the management of diaries and appointments, record keeping and preparation of correspondence. This position will also provide administrative and customer service support to the External Services department. Refer to the Position Description for further details.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- Extensive experience in a similar position providing high level secretarial, administrative or executive support.
- High efficiency and attention to detail with ability to proof read.
- Exceptional time management, prioritising and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including demonstrated ability to write professional and concise reports, letters, correspondence and minutes.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Excellent working knowledge and experience with MS Office suite.
- Confidentiality, initiative and common sense.
- Ability to work well in a team, distribute tasks and oversee the work of others, as required.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Knowledge of local government organisational structure, function and meeting procedures.
- Certificate IV in Business or equivalent
Salary range: $60,000 - $64,600 p.a. including allowances, depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Application Form
- An updated copy of your resume including at least two work-related referees
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0645 or 9071 0642. We strongly encourage applicants to address the selection criteria.
Applications should be addressed to the CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm, Monday 6 August 2018
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer