Information Management (Records) Officer
In this position you will support the daily operation of the Shire’s information management (record keeping) services to ensure information and records are accurate and accessible. This position will suit a person who is highly organised, has well-developed computer/data entry and administration skills, excellent customer service and communication skills. The ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and a high attention to detail is also required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- Practical experience in an office environment in information or records management, administration, financial or secretarial role.
- Accurate and well developed keyboard, data entry and computing skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise independent judgement and use initiative.
- Demonstrated customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Hold a current “C” class driver’s licence.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience and understanding of local government.
- Experience with information or records management systems, particularly Content Manager.
- Working knowledge of State Records Act 2000 and experience in record keeping practices.
Salary: $55,000 pa including retention and allowances.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Application Form
- An updated copy of your resume including at least two recent work-related referees
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0642. We encourage applicants to address the selection criteria.
Applications should be addressed to the CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm, Friday 23 March 2018
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.