Trainee Pool Operator - Bay of Isles Leisure Centre
Two year fixed term contract
The BOILC seeks to employ a motivated and enthusiastic trainee Pool Operator. The trainee will learn all aspects of pool operations including supervision and operation of an aquatics facility and monitoring and maintenance of pool water quality. Availability across the full span of BOILC operating hours is essential (5.30am - 8.15pm) including weekends, early morning and evening shifts. The successful applicant is expected to complete First Aid, Pool Bronze, Pool Lifeguard and Pool Operator training and a Cert III in Aquatics & Community Recreation within the two year term.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- Able to complete traineeship – First Aid certificate, Pool Bronze, Pool Lifeguard and Pool Operator certificate and Certificate III in Aquatics and Community Recreation.
- Developed communication skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn Pool Operation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- WWC – working with children’s card.
- Able to work across the BOILC operating hours 5.30am – 8.15pm 7 days a week.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- First Aid Certificate including defibrillator operation.
- Bronze Medallion.
- Previous Customer service experience.
Salary: Salary is dependent on age and experience, in accordance with the Shire of Esperance Enterprise Agreement 2016.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Application Form
- An updated copy of your resume including at least two recent work-related referees
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0645. We encourage applicants to address the selection criteria.
Applications should be addressed to the CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm, Friday 23 March 2018
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer