38 hours per week (9 day fortnight)
In this role you will carry out repairs and scheduled maintenance to all mechanical plant and equipment operated by the Shire. This position will also carry out fabrication and modification of Shire plant and equipment. Mechanical or metal trade qualification or relevant experience is required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- Qualified metal tradesperson or relevant experience.
- Strong mechanical background with relevant experience.
- HR class driver’s licence.
- An understanding of preventative strategies relating to plant operation.
- Experience in operation of plant utilised by Council.
- Experience in operation of specialist hand tools as per trade qualification.
- Ability to be able to work within a team environment.
- Appropriate written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills as trade requires.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health requirements.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Metal arc welding / MIG / oxy cutting and welding.
- First aid qualifications.
- Knowledge of electrical systems – basic low voltage electrical problem solving.
- Computer literacy.
Salary range: $57,000 to $60,000 pa including allowances, plus super.
How to apply:
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0645. Please note that selection criteria must be addressed and an Application Form must be completed. Selection criteria are listed in the Position Description and above.
Applications should be addressed to CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to email@example.com
Applications close: 5.00pm, Monday 12 February 2018.
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer