Work for the Dole Supervisor - 6 month fixed term contract
28 hours per week
The Shire seeks a suitably experienced person to oversee and coordinate the work for the dole program. The successful applicant will provide support and teach skills to participants in tree planting, fencing, track maintenance, painting, safe use of tools and equipment, environmental restoration and infrastructure construction projects. The successful applicant will be patient and have proven ability to motivate and encourage a small team with a diverse range of skills. Basic computer skills, a white card, first aid qualification and manual driver’s licence are also required.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- Manual C class driver’s licence and able to drive a small bus.
- Demonstrated capacity or experience in leading small teams.
- Basic building, construction, landscaping (or similar) practical knowledge and experience.
- White Card – Construction Safety Awareness Training card.
- Senior First Aid certificate.
- Basic computer skills and able to operate a smart phone.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Cert IV Training and Assessment.
Salary: $26.23 per hour including allowances, plus super.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Application Form
- An updated copy of your resume including at least two work-related referees
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
Further details about the position and the application proccess are available from Human Resources on 9071 0645. We encourage applicants to address the selection criteria which are listed in the Position Description.
Applications should be addressed to CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm, Friday 23 February 2018.
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer