Technical Officer - Fleet
The Shire of Esperance is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Technical Officer – Fleet. This position provides both administrative and technical support. Duties include fleet coordination, purchase and disposal, providing information and advice to Council and assisting with forward program development. To undertake this role, you will have previous experience in fleet coordination, knowledge of procurement and tender processes as well as good computer and communication skills. IPWEA fleet management certificate (or similar) will be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- Previous experience in fleet coordination.
- Knowledge of procurement process, including tendering.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- Demonstrated customer service approach to delivering services.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Good computer competency.
- Working knowledge of occupational health and safety.
- ‘C’ class unrestricted driver’s licence.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Understanding of the whole of life costing in relation to fleet.
- Knowledge of CMMS.
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act.
- IPWEA fleet management certificate.
Salary range: $57,800 - $60,000 p.a. including retention and allowances, depending on experience.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Application Form
- An updated copy of your resume including at least two recent work-related referees
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0645. We encourage applicants to address the selection criteria.
Applications should be addressed to the CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to email@example.com
Applications close: 5.00pm, Monday 12 March 2018
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer