Plant Operator - Rural Maintenance - Condingup
85 hours per fortnight
This position operates plant including trucks, backhoe and loader. Operation of other Shire plant and equipment as required. General labouring duties are also required including installation of signs, guide posts, shovelling, carrying signs, using power tools etc. Relief grader operations as required.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- Extensive operational experience using plant specific to advertised position (truck, backhoe loader).
- Previous experience in road construction/maintenance or earthmoving environment.
- ‘HR’ class driver’s licence.
- Ability to perform routine mechanical maintenance on vehicular plant.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Good physical fitness and ability to perform manual tasks and labour.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
- White Card – Construction Safety Awareness Training Card.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Grader experience.
- Relevant plant certificates.
- Basic Worksite Traffic Management and Traffic Control accreditation.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining infrastructure, including signage.
Salary: $63,500 pa including allowances and overtime.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Application Form
- An updated copy of your resume including at least two recent work-related referees
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
Further details about the position and the application proccess are available from Human Resources on 9071 0645. We encourage applicants to address the selection criteria which is listed above.
Applications should be addressed to CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 5.00pm, Monday 12 March 2018.
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer