38 hours per week (9 day fortnight)
An excellent opportunity exists for a qualified, experienced, enthusiastic and reliable Mechanic to join the team at the Shire of Esperance to carry out maintenance and repairs on Shire plant.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- Qualified tradesperson – Plant Mechanic with relevant experience.
- Strong mechanical background.
- An understanding of preventative strategies relating to plant operation.
- Experience in operation of specialist hand tools as per trade qualification.
- Appropriate written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills as trade requires.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health requirements.
- Knowledge of operating of heavy and light plant
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of electrical systems – basic low voltage electrical problem solving
- Fabrication / repair skills using metal arc welding / MIG / oxy cutting and welding.
- HR class driver’s licence.
Desirable Selection Criteria
- First aid qualifications.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Experience in operation of plant utilised by Council.
Salary range: $61,500 to $66,000 pa including allowances, plus super.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Application Form
- An updated copy of your resume with at least two work-related referees and copies of relevant qualifications.
- A statement addressing the selection criteria (as listed in the Position Description)
Further details are available in the Position Description or contact Human Resources on 9071 0645.
Applications should be addressed to CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to email@example.com
Applications close: 5.00pm, Monday 24 September 2018
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer