Heavy Plant Operator (Truck) - Rural Construction
100 hours per fortnight
This position carries out construction and maintenance of Shire roads. This position mainly operates trucks (and trailer) but includes operation of roller, backhoe and loader. Perform labouring duties as required. 'HC' class driver's licence is essential. Grader operator experience is highly desirable.
This position involves working in remote locations and staying overnight in a camp environment.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
Essential Selection Criteria
- ‘HC’ class license.
- Demonstrated experience in operation and maintenance of plant including roller, loader, backhoe, trucks etc.
- Ability to perform routine mechanical maintenance on vehicular plant.
- Previous experience in road construction / maintenance or earthmoving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Sound knowledge of Occupational Safety & Health requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision.
- White Card – Construction Safety Awareness Training.
- Ability and willingness to work in remote camp locations and stay overnight as required.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Relevant plant certificates.
- Operation experience using other heavy plant.
- Grader operator experience.
- Basic Workplace Traffic Management accreditation.
Salary: $79,400 pa including allowances and overtime.
How to apply:
Your application should include the following:
- Application Form
- An updated copy of your resume including at least two recent work-related referees
- A statement addressing the selection criteria
Further details about the position and the application proccess are available from Human Resources on 9071 0645. We encourage applicants to address the selection criteria which is listed above.
Applications should be addressed to CEO, PO Box 507, Esperance 6450, faxed to (08) 9071 0600 or emailed to email@example.com. Applications can also be dropped in to the Shire Admin building on Windich Street.
Applications close: 5.00pm, Monday 16 April 2018.
The Shire of Esperance is an Equal Opportunity Employer