Esperance Home Care - Day Centre Upgrade
Esperance Home Care provides services to older people and younger people living with a disability to help them to remain living independently in their own homes for as long as possible. This includes in-home services such as cleaning, personal care and gardening, as well as access to social activities and a connection to the community.
Over 120 clients use the Day Centre, and with the importance of social outings on the front of our minds, it was recognised the facility needed an upgrade, making it more inviting, client friendly and practical for staff.
The project is expected to take 12 months with an investment of $1.14 million dollars into this vitally important service.
The Shire of Esperance has contracted a local building company to complete the works.
Works that are taking Place:
- Extension of Day Centre
- Portico addition to the front of the Day Centre to enable the clients to exit vehicles out of the weather
- Increase the space allowing for max. 100 people
- Modifications to the roof
- Alterations to the lounge area to bring up to current Building Code
- Overall refurbishment
- Removal of the shed at the rear of the building
- Installation of window into administration office to meet current Building Code
- Providing Australian Industry standard disability access toilet and shower facilities, including an air lock separating the multi-function activities from the toilet facilities.
Why is the Shire doing this?
The current layout of the Day Centre is segmented. The upgrades will allow for more open space, natural light, and cross ventilation. The works will also upgrade toilets and the multi-function space to meet current Building Codes.
Project Funded by: Rotary Club of Esperance WA, Rotary Club of Esperance Bay, Lotterywest, Australian Government, and Shire of Esperance.