Digital Mentor Program
Inspiring people to try using digital technology and supporting them through their first steps using computers, mobile devices and the internet.
You do not need to be a “computer expert” to be involved in the Digital Mentor program! Being a Digital Mentor is more focused on being good with people, and supporting them in their learning.
Why become a Digital Mentor?
- New volunteering opportunity
- Make a difference in people’s lives by helping connect to friends, family and services
- Develop your training/communication skills
- Stay up-to-date with technology
- Great addition for your CV/resume
- Meet new people and have fun
Ways a Digital Mentor might help people use technology:
- Basic device functions (phones, tablets, laptops)
- Connect with friends and family
- Research information about health / lifestyle
- Access online government services
- Online shopping
- Word processing skills
- Organise files / folders
- Search for jobs
A great Digital Mentor will be:
- Any age
- Active listener
- Passionate about helping people
- Able to explain things simply
You will need a police clearance for this role.
If you would like to know more about becoming a Digital Mentor, call the Library on 9083 1500, email email@example.com or visit the Library on Windich Street.