Community Development is a broad umbrella for our role in the community and our dynamic team are responsible for a number of annual events, programs and initiatives. This includes the Club Development role and related initiatives.
The Community Development Team is also responsible for the Esperance Civic Centre, presenting a number of performances throughout the year as well as providing a venue for a number of functions like weddings, corporate functions, church gathering and funerals.
- Edge of the Bay
- Seniors Christmas Party
- Community Christmas Pageant
- Community Grants Program
- French Weekend & French Exchange (with the Twin Towns Committee)
- Showcase Esperance
- One & All Community Program (with ESCARE)
- Ad-Hoc minor events. In the past the team has created events such as the Roller Disco, Youth Day, Drive-in Movie, Jetty Opening, Bushfire Fundraising Concert & more.
The Community Development Team also assists with the below Community organised events
- NAIDOC Week Celebrations (Esperance Tjaltjraak Native Title Aboriginal Corporation)
- Sports Star of the Year Awards (Esperance District Recreation Association)
How can we help with your next event?
- Advice - we know a bit about delivering local events and are happy to provide advice at any point in your event planning.
- Promotion through our Community Info Newsletter and online Community Events Calendar
- Use of Giant Games at events
- Funding for projects and events through annual Community Grants Program
- COVID-19 Compliance with use of sanitiser stations (10 stands) and COVID Marshall vests
- Our friends at the Esperance Volunteer Centre also have event equipment and resouces that can be borrowed by not-for-profits.
Call the Shire on 9071 0666 and ask for the Community Development Team or email us at email@example.com