Community Development is a broad umbrella for our role in the community and our dynamic team are also responsible for a number of annual events, programs and initiatives. They are here to assist anyone wanting to to great things with our Community.
This includes the Club Development role and related initiatives.
The Community Development Team is also responsible for the Esperance Civic Centre, presenting a number of performances throughout the year as well as providing a venue for a number of functions like weddings, corporate functions, church gathering and funerals.
How can we help with your next Community Project?
- Advice - we know a bit about delivering local events, projects & programs and are happy to provide advice at any point in your event planning.
- Promotion through our Community Info Newsletter and online Community Events Calendar
- Use of Giant Games at events and other minor event infrastructure.
- Funding for projects and events through annual Community Grants Program and leads for other funding sources.
- COVID-19 Compliance with use of sanitiser stations (10 stands) and COVID Marshall vests
- Our friends at the Esperance Volunteer Centre also have event equipment and resouces that can be borrowed by not-for-profits.
- Winter Wonderland - Last Saturday in the July School Holidays
- Edge of the Bay - The day before the Seinor's Christmas Party
- Seniors Christmas Party - First Sunday in December
- Community Christmas Pageant - Second Sunday in December
- Community Grants Program
- French Weekend & French Exchange (with the Twin Towns Committee)
- Showcase Esperance
- One & All Community Program (with ESCARE)
- Ad-Hoc minor events. In the past the team has created events such as the Roller Disco, Youth Day, Drive-in Movie, Jetty Opening, Bushfire Fundraising Concert & more.
The Community Development Team also assists and supports many Community organised events.
Call the Shire on 9071 0666 and ask for the Community Development Team or email us at email@example.com