Community Development is a broad umbrella for our role in the community and our dynamic team are responsible for a number of annual events, programs and initiatives.
The Community Development Team also responsible for the Esperance Civic Centre, presenting a number of performances throughout the year as well as providing a venue for a number of functions like weddings, corporate functions, church gathering and funerals.
Additionally Community Development includes the Club Development role and related initiatives.
- Edge of the Bay
- Seniors Christmas Party
- Community Christmas Pageant
- Community Grants Program
- French Weekend & French Exchange (with the Twin Towns Committee)
- Citizen of the Year Awards
- Tidy Towns Awards
- ShoWcAse in Pixels
- One & All Community Program (with ESCARE)
The Community Development & Events Team also assists with the below Community organised events
- NAIDOC Week Celebrations (Esperance Tjaltjraak Native Title Aboriginal Corporation)
- Sports Star of the Year Awards (Esperance District Recreation Association)
- New Year Eves Foreshore Festival (Rotary Club of Esperance Bay)
- Australia Day (Rotary Club of Esperance)
One & All Community Program
The Esperance One & All Community Program is a partnership between ESCARE and the Shire of Esperance and is all about making sport and recreation fun through a variety of activities, games and challenges. It’s free and suitable for all ages and abilities.
The next One & All Community Program is due to be held between APRIL DATES.