Offensive Trades are defined under the Health Act 1911 and generally include the following:
- Abattoirs or slaughterhouses
- Bone mills or bone manure depots
- Cleaning establishments and dye works
- Fat rendering establishments
- Fellmongeries and tanneries
- Fish curing establishments
- Flock factories
- Manure works
- Places for storing, drying or preserving bones, hides, hoofs or skins
- Tripe boiling establishments
- Works for boiling down meat, bones, blood or offal
Offensive Trade establishments are subject to routine inspections to ensure compliance with the Shire of Esperance Health Local Law (as amended October 2009).
Applications to operate an Offensive Trade are available from the application forms page.
For additional information or assistance contact Environmental Health Services on (08) 9071 0676, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call into the Shire Administration Centre on Windich Street.