Are you 55 or older? The Plus 55 Community Project aims to engage community members who are 55 and over to seek your perspectives on how the Esperance community, services, and facilities could become more age friendly.
We would like to hear your ideas on how Esperance can be improved with respect to Transport, Housing, Social Participation, Respect and Social Inclusion, Civic Participation and Employment, Communication and Information, Community Support and Health Services.
Three community focus meetings will be held on:
• Thursday 5 November 10am – 12 noon, Esperance Civic Centre
• Thursday 5 November 6pm – 8pm, Esperance Civic Centre
• Monday 9 November 2pm – 4pm, Senior Citizens Centre
If you cannot make one of these community sessions then we can come to you. If your organisation has a significant representation in the over 55 community, we can run a workshop specifically with your group or hold a short promotional information session. Sessions will take place between Tuesday 3rd November and Thursday 12 November. Contact Lynda Horn on 9071 0624 to book in a time.
Alternatively you can complete a simple survey to provide your thoughts and ideas on how Esperance can be a great place for the Plus 55 Community.
· A simple survey to provide your thoughts and ideas – click here
· If you are an unpaid carer for someone who is plus 55, please complete the unpaid carers survey – click here
Printed copies can be obtained from the Shire Administration Office, Esperance Public Library and Bay of Isles Leisure Centre. The survey closes at the end of November.