Tours are available at Wylie Bay Materials Recovery Facility (Recycling Shed) Monday to Wednesday by appointment.
Tours take approx 30 mins plus travel time. For enquiries contact Recycling Project Officer, Georgia Ryan, 9071 0666.
Excursion Policy Information
The Wylie Bay Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) is a workplace and therefore workplace safety requirements apply to Excursion Visitors. Following are compulsory requirements for Excursion Visitors :
· Closed in shoes must be worn.
· Student visitors are requested not to bring personal belongings with them – no storage facilities are available for the safe-keeping of bags, cameras etc.
· School groups must arrive by bus, unless previously negotiated with the Tour Conductor.
· Visitors arriving by private vehicle are requested to follow the Visitor Parking Signs to park on the right hand side of the Recycling Shed in the marked bays. It is important that visitors are prompt to enable their supervision upon entering the Recycling Facility.
· Students must be accompanied by teaching staff and remain under their supervision at all times.
· Whilst on the tour, visitors must remain to the outside of the yellow safety lines painted on the floor.
· Visitors must wear any safety equipment that is given to them under direction of the Tour Conductor.
Upon Arrival at Wylie Bay MRF
Follow the visitor parking signs in front of the Recycling shed directing you around to the side of the building. Please note that traffic around the Wylie Bay Landfill site is one-way.
Buses are to stop at the front of the Recycling Shed to meet the tour conductor. The tour conductor will ensure the way is clear of machinery before the bus may continue around the shed. Buses are to park next to viewing platform entrance door, with bus exit door nearest to the shed. Please see attached map for directions.
Visitor parking is to the right hand side of the Recycling Shed. Please follow the “Visitor Parking” signs and park in allotted bays. Visitors are requested to meet the tour guide in front of the Recycling Shed. Do not enter the facility prior to the tour commencement.
Tour Conductor Qualifications
Ø Tour Conductor is Recycling Project Officer, Georgia Ryan.
Ø Waste Management Supervisor, Karen Naylor.
Whilst on the premises at Wylie Bay MRF all visitors are guided by the tour conductor.
Student visitors to the Wylie Bay MRF remain at all times the responsibility of their supervisory teacher.
Duty of Care
During the tour all visitors are to remain to the outside of the yellow safety lines using the stairs to the viewing platform, entering and exiting via the side door of the Recycling Shed. Whilst on the viewing platform area, the stair gate is to remain closed. The tour conductor will open the gate and lead the tour group from the viewing platform at the completion of the tour.
Emergency Response Plan
In the case of an emergency the tour group will exit the viewing platform with the Tour Conductor, under the guidance of the Waste Management Supervisor, who is responsible for implementing the emergency response plan, including evacuation procedures. The tour group is to meet at the muster point, which is clearly marked, in the open space at the front of the Recycling Shed.
Insurance and Liability
The Shire of Esperance is insured by Municipal Liability Scheme and therefore complies with all the public liability requirements of the Wylie Bay Materials Recovery Facility Excursion Policy. This insurance policy does not cover loss or damage of personal belongings. It is recommended that you remind your students/tour group that it is our policy that visitors do not bring personal belongings on the tour of the facility.
For further information contact Shire of Esperance Recycling Project Officer: 9071 0666 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org